how to time a new holland baler?????

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Farm Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

how to time a new holland baler?????

clinton hey could someone please tell me how to time a new holland 273 baler..?

Dave Reeker Its actually not very hard, at least on the 278. First you have to make sure that the the arm that pushes the plunger in and out of the bale chamber is or is almost straight up in the air. When you are looking in the compartment that houses that arm from the left side of the baler, you should see 2 notches in the steel. The arm needs to sit dead in between them, so turn the counterweight on the PTO until you get that lined up, and then wedge something into the counterweight to hold it in place. Now open the rear access panel where the feeder bar is and look for 2 more notches in the baler body all the way to the left side of the bottom of the access door opening. The knuckle at the end of the feeder bar(that connects to the chain) will need to be aligned in those 2 notches(the drive chain must be disconnected) and the knuckle will be sitting at the bottom right of the drive cog. The opposite end of the feeder bar hangs on an arm on the right side of the access and there should be 2 holes in the steel behind the arm and you will need to line those up as well. Once you have those three spots line up, you will just refit the feeder drive chain, and re-tension that and the timing chain which is accessed from the front. Test it by cycling by hand several times and then run the pto very slowly to check that everything is clearing fine. It sounds harder than it is, but once you see how everything works, it's pretty easy to figure out.
cindy I need to know how to time a new holland 68 square baler. Can someone help me?
rick is the feeder bar access panel door above the twine box.i keep braking shear bolts by the notters

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Farm Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: