Belarus 250AS "Want Pull"

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Farm Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

Belarus 250AS "Want Pull"

Steve I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now
and today it just stopped pulling my mower..
It's like it is out of gear. I have had it to pop
out of gear before and I could always put it back.
but this time it just want move.. like the clutch
is in.. I can even put it in first gear with the clutch out and nothing!! Is it the transmission ?
please if anyone could help I would be forever greatful.. thanks Steve in Alabama...

Jason : I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now
: and today it just stopped pulling my mower..
: It's like it is out of gear. I have had it to pop
: out of gear before and I could always put it back.
: but this time it just want move.. like the clutch
: is in.. I can even put it in first gear with the clutch out and nothing!! Is it the transmission ?
: please if anyone could help I would be forever greatful.. thanks Steve in Alabama...

Sounds like you have a clutch problem. Either your it is hung open or really out of adjustment

MIKE : I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now
: is in.. I can even put it in first gear with the clutch out and nothing!! Is it the transmission ?
: please if anyone could help I would be forever greatful.. thanks Steve in Alabama...

I ALSO HAVE A 250AS AND IT ALSO POPS OUT OF GEAR MIKE,MICHIGAN

warren clark : : I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now
: : and today it just stopped pulling my mower..
: : It's like it is out of gear. I have had it to pop
: : out of gear before and I could always put it back.
: : but this time it just want move.. like the clutch
: : is in.. I can even put it in first gear with the clutch out and nothing!! Is it the
transmission ?
: : please if anyone could help I would be forever greatful.. thanks Steve in Alabama...

: Sounds like you have a clutch problem. Either your it is hung open or really out of adjustment

steve... please let me know if you ever found a solution to your shifting problem pichepp@aol

BRYAN IN LOUISIANA : : I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now
: : is in.. I can even put it in first gear with the clutch out and nothing!! Is it the transmission ?
: : please if anyone could help I would be forever greatful.. thanks Steve in Alabama...

: Sounds like you have a clutch problem. Either your it is hung open or really out of adjustment

BRYAN IN LOUISIANA : : I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now
: : is in.. I can even put it in first gear with the clutch out and nothing!! Is it the transmission ?

I AM ALSO HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY TRACTOR, WITH THE SAME MODEL. I THINK IT IS THE CLUTCH ASWELL. I WAS GOING TO REPLACE THE CLUTCH, PRESSURE PLATE, AND THROWOUT BEARINGS, BUT THEN I FOUND THE PRICE OF THE PRESSURE PLATE.&&*&&% THE PRICE. ANYWAY ONCE I'M IN THERE I'LL DECIDE WHAT I HAVE TO HAVE VERSES WHAT I NEED.

Birdhunter : I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now

LOW ON HYDRAULIC FLUID(SAE-30W MOTOR OIL)FILLPLUG IS AT BACK OF TRACTOR AT RIGHT BACK TIRE UNDER SEAT.

LOW ON HYDRAULIC FLUID(SAE-30W MOTOR OIL)FILLPLUG IS AT BACK OF TRACTOR AT RIGHT BACK TIRE UNDER SEAT. IT IS ON TOP OF AXLE HOUSING.I HAD SAME PROBLEM RIGHT AFTER I BOUGHT MINE-BROUGHT TO FULL MARK,AND I,VE NEVER HAD ANY MORE TROUBLE.

LOW ON HYDRAULIC FLUID(SAE-30W MOTOR OIL)FILLPLUG IS AT BACK OF TRACTOR AT RIGHT BACK TIRE UNDER SEAT. IT IS ON TOP OF AXLE HOUSING.I HAD SAME PROBLEM RIGHT AFTER I BOUGHT MINE-BROUGHT TO FULL MARK,AND I,VE NEVER HAD ANY MORE TROUBLE.

byram5 i had the same problem on my neighbors tractor it ended up being the fingers on the pressure plate one of them was worn off
Tyler : I have a belarus 250as for about 10 and the same thing happen to my mine i think it is my cluth

wade : I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now

wade : I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now
same model same problem.i have found if you slap the high lo range level back and forth it will start pulling again.this has worked for me on several occasions.good luck

kb I bought one maybe 25 years ago for $4500 new, I still have it. And it still runs. I used it mostly to mow. It has a 1000 pound s*^% scoop on it. First to go was the 6V batteries. Then rubber parts like hoses and tires. Never really had major problems, replaced fuel filters alot. The qurky sideways shift tranny is very clunky. The advice to slap it in & out of hi & lo sounds exactly right (with engine off first and then running & clutch depressed). Thinking back I may have had that happen to me. With only one lever for shifting both gears and axle it felt to me like it got stuck in between gears somehow. Check the fluids and never run when the clutch pedal does not come all the way up. That will ruin the clutch per the manuals. Also inside the transaxle is a switch that if the lever is not in the right position it will not start. Just move the shifter forward. That took me years to figure out.(duh) Good Luck!
Joe : I have a belarus 250as for about 12 years now

Had the very same problem with mine. Looked up all the informtion I could find on the web, read all the forums, everything pointed to a bad clutch! Not wanting to have to go threw the effort of splitting the tractor I wanted to make darn sure it was indeed the clutch. The first check I made was the clutch, pressure plate , and throw out bearing. There is a oval shapped plate on the bellhousing (driver side) that can be removed. I made sure I had power there by starting the tractor and making sure everything was spinning. The next step was to check the conection to the transmision to make sure everything was hooked up and turning with the tractor running. This can be done by removing a small plate under the hyd pump on the passanger side just under the brake pedals. Now knowing I had power to the trans. I removed the floor plate and the shifter unit. After some trial and error I found out that the High/Low slider was not sliding far enough and had some how jammed in a place that the lever could not free when I had tried to shift the gears. So in a sence even though the gears were meshing and felt like it was in gear it never was conected to the final drive gear located on the bottom! I welded a bead all around the ball end of the shifter to give it more leverage and it all seems to work fine now.

The moral to the story: Make darn sure it's the clutch before you go and tear everything apart!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Farm Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: