SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

bobcat ran out of diesel

Monte Davis My son ran the bobcat out of diesel and I think there is air in the line but I do not know how to drain the air out of the line??? any pointers? it is a bobcat 743
Paul On top of the fuel filter housing, there is a bleed screw, you need to use the hand primer and pump that with the screw open until all the air is out, then close the bleed screw. Next you need to loosen up the nuts on the fuel lines going to the injectors and crank the engine over until all 4 fuel lines have fuel leaking from them. then tighten the lines and it should start after cranking it enough, if it starts smoking, keep cranking and it will start.
Monte Davis thank you Paul, I will try this in the morning and report,,,thanks again.
Bryant Hepstall Having the same problem. Also was wondering what is a good way to tell if the glo plugs are good or bad? bought this bobcat used.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: