SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ford 454 wiring diagram

doug morris
ford 454 wiring diagram

This is my first time posting, I hope someone can help me. I just purchased a 1979 Ford 545 Diesel with a 4500lb loader and the backhoe. Nice machine, good condition but like most 29 year old machines the wiring has been "worked on" over the years. Can anyone guide me to a place where I can get a wiring schematic? I bought the owners manual, no wiring diagram, I looked in the dealers repair manual today, only a 3-D line drawing show roughly where the wires run (like the pictures when looking up parts). I need help with getting most of the electrics repaired, mainly the the cold start system and installing the correct ignition switch. Thank you in advance for any help, Doug

Paul Doug, My advice to you would be to see if you could buy an entirely new wiring harness from the dealer first. But as i well know, they are not always avalible or are extreamly high in price for some models. I do know that there has to be schematics out there for the thing. On this website (SSB tractor) they have repair manuals if you search for your tractor. I know ford is famous for having lacking service books, but there has to be atleast one diagram in the book for the entire machine.
p.s. do not use ether, plug in the tractor during the winter and install a block heater if it doesnt already have on.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: