SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Thomas T-133 (bobcat type) skid-steer loader right 2 wheels do not go in reverse

Igo Hi,

I am looking for some help in understanding what the issue is with the machine.
In short, everything works as it should, except when going in reverse for about 4-5 feet my right hand leaver just gets pushed back to the middle, and 2 right wheels stop. It is almost as the preassure builds up and wheels sieze. I do not want to force anything here, but pressure builds up slowly and as it reaches 4-5 feet mark, it becomes very firm. Left 2 wheels work just fine in reverse, and both sides work normal going forward.

I would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction, and I am sure that all type of bobcats have the same drive anyway (or similar) so this might be more of the "look into this part of the system" type a thing.

Thank you.

Art Lyons I have a T173 HLS. The service manual states that for loss of power/drive in on direction and on one side Check for defective relief valve or defective ball check valve for charge pressure. My guess is on the relief valve but not 100%

Art

Ed Just taking a guess but the idler bearing (slack adjuster for the chain drive) may be seizing. If you've kept plenty of oil that wouldn't happen though. I would first remove the wheels and open up the side inspection plate and look to see if maybe your chain has too much slack and is bunching up on it's self. Regardless of what is wrong it won't hurt to get a look inside. Have you looked under the seat pan. It all lifts up to get a view of the hydraulic motors and such. I can't remember if there are moving shafts that could have something tangled up from that point of view or not. My machine is at home and I'm still at work. Any way good luck.
don hello...since u have a 133...how is it other than the right wheels?.....i'm looking at 1 to buy do u think their worth it?...he whats $8000....i don't know much about that brand .....tomrrow i will ask my bobcat dealer what could be your problem....thank u
Anthony Looking for new or used hydrostatic pump shaft for T-133 Thomas skid loader.the shaft that connects to the engine via universal joint

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: