Lenar Tractor model 274-1

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Lenar Tractor model 274-1

Allen Mitchell I have a Lenar model 274-1 SN C1481 Tractor which I purchased in march of 2005 Tractor was purchased new. I have had problems from the start with it over heating had it to the authorized service while it was under warrenty for this problem. and was told not to worry about it guages were probably incorrect. But it blows the water out after it starts showing hot.So it is definately hot. Would like to know if anyone else is having this problem with this tractor.
Thanks with any help that you can give me with this problem.
Allen Mitchell

albert I have a 274 series two.. and have had no heating problems.. I have had the guages read wrong due to grounding problems in some wires.. I have had starter problems but found that standard Ford parts will interchange in the housing. The only real problem I have had is in getting parts from Lenar U.S.A. I broke an axle because of over use.. meaning using it for more than it was designed for.... and at this point have absolutely no satisfaction of ever getting a part from Lenar. I have the broken axle shaft in a machine shop so they can actually machine me a complete new piece.
Ron Hollifield I HAVE A 274-1 MY POWER STEERING WANTS TO TURN ALL THE TIME TO THE RIGHT I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER IT ANY HELP i WOULD APPERICATE IT
albert To follow up on my Lenar... now have over 215 hours on the unit,, and have used it hard, in hot weather, with no heating problems as of yet, and no mechanical problems outside breaking the aforementioned front axle. We have now put a backhoe on the unit and although the hydraulics are a little soft due to low gallonage fluid flow,, the unit works quite satisfactorily. There is no fluid leaks on the unit with the exception of one hydraulic line that I havent gotten to yet.
The tractor has never failed to start due to cold weather, and always fires instantly with out using the heaters, except for when the temp gets under 20 deg, and has never failed in the colder temps to start with some heater use.

GEORGE ANDERSON I'M HAVN'T THE SAME PROBLEM. I CAN USE IT FOR WILD AND IT WILL GETTING HOT. I DON'T WHAT'S THE PROBLEM. AND NOW IT WONT START, IT WAS STARTING OK AND IT JUST STOP. THE OIL LOOKS OK. IT FEEL LIKE IT'S LOCK UP. I PUT A NEW STARTER ON IT.
JR I'm looking for a parts suppler in or around Houston area. I need the seal and the rubber boot for the front right stearing cylinder arm. I have had only some bolt come loose and lose stearing problems while still under warrty and got them fixed through the dealer. He has shought down his shop.
kirk w Yep same problem here in the summer in MO. Also looking for backhoe for this model.
albert since my last post on the Lenar Tractor..... I have installed a back hoe.. with good success and have well over 250 hours on the unit with no real problems. The only drawback is that the hydraulic pump on the tractor doesn't have enough gpm to use the backhoe to full potential.. but it does save from breakage due to over stress of having too strong of hydraulics....
albert Kirk..... Lenar actually has a backhoe for your tractor.. check with the distributors to see if they have one..... if they dont, you can get a different brand but be sure to install a subframe plus us the 3 point connections too. The subframe is a must as it will keep you from breaking your tractor housings. Plus dont get a unit for a tractor larger than you have. Al
wayne need to fix starter bendix not engaging all the time also need hyd hose for bucket pump to quick disconnect
John Mailhes What is the correct procedure for bleeding air from the fuel system of a lenar 274-1 tractor? Thank you for your assistance?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: