Ford 1210 parts source???

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 1210 parts source???

telephoneman Looking at a Ford 1210 compact diesel tractor. Are parts still available? Don't want to buy and be left haning again,had this happen with a Yanmar I owned. Any help would be appreciated.
Bob Trower I have a Ford 1210 4WD Hydro with turf tires that my son & I rebuilt about a year ago. The Shibaura engine in this tractor is prone to cyl head cracking. The head in my was badly cracking into the water jacket however they can be repaired. We bored our engine and completely overhauled it. Parts are still readly available at New Holland dealers. Parts for the accessories such as front mounted blade & rear mounted tillers are a different story. Recently tried to buy parts for front blade and found they were not available. I ABSOUTLY LOVE THIS TRACTOR!!! It has plenty of power for any 4 ft attachment. I use a 4 ft tiller, box scraper & 4.5 ft front blade. I have a never used 4 ft mid mount mower that I will sell. Was taken off the tractor new and never used.
telephoneman Thank you for the reply. I had an idea of selling but have changed my mind. Have been using the 715 front mount snow blower and have really come to like the tractor.I have a loader from a Satoh that I had and will mount it this spring. Anything I should watch for with the head? I also have 48" mid mount mower, not sure if I'll use it or not. You shouldn't have any trouble selling yours. I don't have a parts manual but do have the ones for mower and blower if you ever need them.
Thanks again
Gary

clyde nickerson I have a Ford 1210 and the front wheels need replacing. Anyone have any suggestions.?? These things are a great little tractor.
michael thomason hello there can u tell me who welded ur head
cos mine has crack in conbustion chamber

michael thomason if u still have mower for sale am interested .
What price would be asking?

does it mount stright on?

Michael Thomason Hi, how much would you sell the 4ft mid mount mower for? Could you either e-mail me or phone me on 07974 724264 - Mick
Michael Thomason The company that welded my head are - A Wilkes - Tel 01708 740668 - England (UK)

Are you in America?

Bob Trower I sold the mower back in Feb for $300.00
Ross I have a Ford 1210 compact 4z4 3 cyl diesel tractor, I am having major probs when starting it. Apart from that, it runs really well when I can get it started.......
Dave Have the same issues. Any thoughts for what to look for?
RHC Hi, you are not alone with respect to starting probs with your Ford 1210...I have just had my starter motor rebuilt and now replacing the ignition switch.....been a headache since the day I bought it, last year...The glow plugs are not working right, so I must place heaters under motor in order to get it to start........Now looking for wiring schematics, especially for the ignition switch.........Good luck guys, you are going to need it...I wouldn't buy another Ford 1210.......
Bob Trower I am having starting problems also. When I turn the switch you can hear the solenoid engage however the starter does not turn. Had just replaced battery so I bought a new starter. Same problem! You can turn the switch 4 to 8 times and it finally will turn over and start with problems. Replaced both battery cables, still have same problem. Can jump with my truck & starts great. I think the battery is not large enough or the alt., reg. or both are defective not keeping batter at max charge. Has anyone found a newer model alt. with reg. built in that will fit the 1210?
wdepps I have a 1210 that I bought used and it is a great little tractor. mine is slow to start but once its up and moving, no problem. Parts are readily available at New Holland dealers...
ken do you need the diagrahm for the wire
let me know
i can e-mail you one

Delbert Wacker want to sell the mower deck?
John I purchased a 1210 two years ago from a local in Ohio. This one starts and runs super, of course I do use the glow plugs when the motor is cold. I pull a 60 inch finish mower in summer, and a 7 foot back blade for snow in winter. Very happy with it. Does anyone know where to get the 29-12-15 tires at a reasonable price? I would even settle for a good used set.
dave
Re: Ford 1210 parts source???

Hi, I have a 1210 and I have a loader for it and I'm trying to figure out how the loader mounts underneath.If anyone would have any pics on this, could they please email them to me at One more thing, there is a seal that's leaking underneath the tractor. There is a rod that comes from the transmission to 4 wheel drive, right before the pumpkin cove is where it's leaking. Anyone know or have the procedures to replace or repair this? Thanks, Dave

dave
Re: Ford 1210 parts source???

Hi, I have a 1210 and im lookig for a part for the pto it is the part that gos on the harmomic balancer

Bryan Vosi John You can find tires made by Carlisle.

Rick R Dave / Bob did you guys ever figure out what the starting problem was? I have a 1210 that is "clicking" the soleniod but not turning over. After a few cuss words and 7 to 10 tries it might turn over. I'm thinking ignition switch or starter solenoid. Battery is brand new cables have good connections. I also have a 60" belley mower I would considered selling for it.
james coffey hello do you still want to sale the mower deck.
thanks jim

Jack H I have a 1210 4x4 that I bought new in 1983 with a 4' bush hog, scrape blade and boom pole. Have added many other impliments over the years. This tractor has given me over 2600 hours of service and is still all original equipment except for the front wheels which rusted out. Have not experiencd any of the other problems that I have read about on this site. Now that I have bragged about this tough little machine I have to say that I am searching for salvage parts to replace the entire rear end housing which my son destroyed last week while ramming a pile of dirt with the rear blade. There are lots of tractor salvage yards to choose on the web for those of you who are looking for parts. Check the ones that focus on compact tractors and you should find any part that you need. Hope this will help those of you who need parts.
`Andy I have a 1210. It has problems starting and therefore been redundant for a year. I cant get it started now and have a new machine so this one is for sale. It also has a cylinder mower system with it which is for sale either with the tractor or without.All the hydraulics work fine and it has turf tyres. Anyone have an idea of what it is worth?. I can post a picture to anyone interested. Lincolnshire area uk.
david i have a 1210 and really would like another one with mower etc, mine is in need of a engine rebuild but i cant find parts, anyone got one for sale?
tommy c have a cracked cyl head were can i get a rebuilt head
DaveTolliver I am looking for the loader and backhoe for the 1210 Anyone know where to find one used or a new one cheap
dION You might want to think twice about mounting that loader. I just broke the front axle housing on mine.
Dion anyone know where I can find SBA326340731 front axle housing LH side
Oz Morgan Hi,

If this is still available I would be interested in buying it. Before it stopped starting was it turning over ok? I can sometimes be got on 07783296210 or otherwise my email always gets checked.
Best wishes

Oz

oldoldss Besides finding something Chinese, there seems to be two 29x12.00-15 turf tire sources: Firestone and Carlisle. I went to a Firestone dealer and he told be to buy Carlisles, they're less expensive and a better tire. The tractor still had its original (badly cracked) 4-ply Firestones. I replaced them with the Carlisles (10-ply!) and it sure rides rough now when I mow. Pros: They're a better tire...Cons: They're a better tire!
seamus mullen i have a 1210 with a cracked head!
i have been told that the head is beyond repair, has anyone any suggestions??

christopher Gomez looking for the master cylinder # 64675067
make of vehicle : GIRLING
ENGINE # DTOLTC10753
CHASSIC # DTOLTC 10753
THIS VEHICLE IS A DUMP TRUCK YEAR 1977 FORD 1210

Capt. Mike Parts are readily available at the New Holland Dealers but NH jacked prices about double. Valve Cover gskt set is now $26 and they are just little O-ring stock. Oil & fuel filters are double Fleetguard prices. Don't buy a hydraulic filter; they are washable and reuseable, though you may have to get a new filter housing cover O-ring. A Kubota air filter is exactly the same for less than price and a Fleetguard for about . Suggest you get a copy of the Ford parts manaul (& shop manual if you do any work yourself). With the Ford P/N, you can usually track down anything you need and save lots of look-up time at the dealer.

As to the tractor, mine is an '84 built in late '83. Bought new. Over 700 hours and not a lick of trouble beyond a couple batteries and a hydraulic hose. Speaking of which, it is cheaper and you get better hoses going to a hose manufacturer instead of through Ford/NH. I have the quick-detach front-end loader and a 5' Woods Bush Hog. They have taken some fantastic hard use -- clearing brush & scrub woods where I hunt. The tractor continues to amaze me for what it can do that I never expected. Biggest disappointment now is NH doesn't stock parts at dealerships; almost everything has to be ordered. Admittedly only a couple of days, but they don't even stock service parts anymore.

Adam To all who have went through the pain and frustration of finding parts for these engines, I recently had the pleasure of dealing with a company that specializes in Perkins diesel engines and have just installed one of their 403c-11 engines in my Ford 1210. The only modification I had to perform is drilling my backplate for two dowel pins in the perkins engine. I am not affiliated with Perkins in any way, just offering some almost unavailable assistance to those that have inquired about prices for parts from Ford/New Holland. The new perkins engine only set me back $2500 plus shipping. This was for a new engine with a two year warranty! After pricing a head, parts for a rebuild, and machine work, I definetly went searching for an alternative. Hope this info helps. I will attach a link to the company where I purchased mine: http://www.jtservicesinc.com/index.html

I love my 1210 but the prices for parts for the Shibaura engine are rediculous. No way should half a rod bearing cost over $40. Again this is only an effort to share the information that I have spent many, many hours on. It seems that if anyone else has insight such as this, they are surely keeping it to theirselves. Good luck!!

Adam To all who have went through the pain and frustration of finding parts for these engines, I recently had the pleasure of dealing with a company that specializes in Perkins diesel engines and have just installed one of their 403c-11 engines in my Ford 1210. The only modification I had to perform is drilling my backplate for two dowel pins in the perkins engine. I am not affiliated with Perkins in any way, just offering some almost unavailable assistance to those that have inquired about prices for parts from Ford/New Holland. The new perkins engine only set me back $2500 plus shipping. This was for a new engine with a two year warranty! After pricing a head, parts for a rebuild, and machine work, I definetly went searching for an alternative. Hope this info helps. I will attach a link to the company where I purchased mine: http://www.jtservicesinc.com/index.html

I love my 1210 but the prices for parts for the Shibaura engine are rediculous. No way should half a rod bearing cost over $40. Again this is only an effort to share the information that I have spent many, many hours on. It seems that if anyone else has insight such as this, they are surely keeping it to theirselves. Good luck!!

george tanski need headlight cowl for ford 1210 compact tractor .it is plastic left or right is the same.
Jeff I have a Ford 1210 and am in need of a rear end housing unit. I busted mine pushing snow. Any suggestions on some salvage yards would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Check out E-Bay for tires, bought front and back tires for half of retail.
I have a 1210 that I would consider selling. Has a 4' finish mower and 5' angle blade. have had it for 3 years and it has never failed to fire up and performs beyond my expectations.

Ron Geoffroy Just bought a 1985 Ford 1210 with 495 hours. Two previous owners, the first of which always had the tractor in a barn. The second did not and there is some rust on some areas of the machine
The tractor starts well and runs even better, knock on wood. With the low hours I'm hoping that remains the case.
Have a small parcel of land in NH and looking for a backhoe attachment. Any ideas would be very helpful. Please contact via email.
Thanks

Andrew Anyone know the battery size for a Ford 1210? My supplier says I need to know the Amps and size.
My 1210 has no battery at present and the manual just says 12V.
Best regards,
Andrew

Mike Thanks Adam. This has been a lot of help. My 1210 just died and I have been wondering what to do about it. Parts are hard to find and are expensive.
I will check out Perkins website.

Mike

Ronnie Hartsoe I love my ford 1210..I had to get rid of that mid-mount mower, the electric take-off, kept throwing blades in the center of the electric take off..I have a almost brand new one, that I kept, after selling the mower (underneath) and buy a pull behind..I have the electric PTO, still with good paint,,i just hated to start mowing, and then pick up the pieces and order another one...I will sell the electric PTO if someone, needs one,,make offer...Ronnie..
Ronnie Hartsoe just posted an electric clutch for a mid-mount mower, that came with my ford 1210. I got tired of buy these electric clutches and bought a rear pull mower..I sold the mower body, but kept the electric clutch, because, it was brand spanking, still had wonderful paint, and I had just paid a fortune for about 4 of those things..someone make me an offer if they need one, or I am open to trade..i live in North Carolina,,just N or Charlotte..
Carl B I was having starter problem and the same when I bought a new battery. Took the starter to the pros and they said nothing wrong with this thing, put on the bench and it worked fine.
He said try a wire from the starter switch to the solenoid. Hum, so I disconnected the battery and checked the resistance from one end to the other. Oh my god what a surprise. I used a can of contact cleaner on the both starter and safety switches, replace all connectors.
Voila, it start every time from -30�c (w/ block heater) to +30�.
Good luck

Jan Z Check out these guys:
http://www.compactractorparts.com/ford_tractor_parts.shtml#ford_tractor_parts

David My friend has a FOrd 1210 that needs a new engine. Everything else works great. Has a 60 inch belly mower, a 48 inch tiller and bush hog. Is anyone interested in purchasing?
eddie if elect clutch is available..i would like to see photo...thanks eddie
eddie WANTED ford 1210 parts... for front pto adapter kit(flex plate, elect clutch, shaft, ect) parts for ford 715a 52 inch front mount pto snow blower or broken blower...thanks
SARGENT RONNIE HARTSOE I WOULD LIKE PRICE ON CLUTCH AND STAFF FOR 1210 TRACTOR IF YOU STILL HAVE IT FOR SALE THANKS SARG ALABAMA
SARGENT RONNIE HARTSOE I WOULD LIKE PRICE ON CLUTCH AND SHAFT FOR 1210 TRACTOR IF YOU STILL HAVE IT FOR SALE THANKS SARG ALABAMA
SARGENT WANT TO BUY ELECT. CLUTCH FOR 1210 FORD TRACTOR DECK
andre need ag rims for 1210 i live in md 21122
PAT BARFOOT Hi my 1210 compact tractor i think has crack in engine block, does anybody know if and where i can get spares i live in england many thanks pat.
Malcolm Lampard I'm new to forum so this might be wrong place!Any one possaly know where to source a sprag bearing for ford 1210/shibaura 1210 compact tractor (the one way clutch)or even part number?
Victor Hi, I just bought a 1210 with only 560 hours. The 60 inch belly mower was hardly used and looks like new. It was taken off early and a 4 foot bush hog was used. Ran hot and has been setting in barn for 15 years. I'm told that it needs a sleeve, piston and gasket kit. Does anyone make sleeves for this motor? Where can I get the parts? Our New Holland dealer here is CRAZY and not very friendly. Please help!!! I really need to use this tractor. I don't have much money to spend. Thanks for any advice.
Doug Hello David this is Doug in Indiana. Todays date is 02/09/13, not sure when you posted you post (my first time on here). I was checking to see if your friend was interested in selling the 4' tiller for the ford 1210, its condition, price and location. I am looking for one at a reasonable price. If I could get this info and maybe pictures of the tiller that would be great. Thanks, Doug.
Mark I have a 1210 4wd and both wheels leak oil from the axle. Is there a kit for these seals?
Greg I have a Ford 1210, two wheel drive. Runs good. I purchased a original equipment Ford belly mower for it, but the guy I bought it from didn't have a PTO shaft for it. Any suggestions as to where I can get one or if this shaft is a generic PTO shaft? I would also like to mount a small front end loader on it. Can anyone suggest a generic loader that can be modified to fit this tractor at a reasonable price? Thanks, Greg M.- Grand Haven, Michigan.
Jan Z I have a Ford 1210 + mower + tiller + cultivator for sale.
Check out my ad here:
http://chatham-kent.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-heavy-equipment-farming-equipment-Ford-1210-garden-tractor-mower-rototiller-cultivator-W0QQAdIdZ470797330

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: