Ford 1710 Blown engine

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Ford 1710 Blown engine

PTCruiser Help, my husband has a Ford 1710 1985 yr with a blown engine. Head is shot, middle cylinder ground up on top. Off on workmen's comp for 3 years and can't afford 40 hours of labor to repair/replace at 48.50 an hour. Are there any engines not from Ford that can replace this diesel 3 cylinder? Rebuilt or new. Cannot even tell who made this one. It has a KIKI fule system, but nowhere does it say who made engine. Just can't afford Ford dealer replacement parts and labor costs. Have man who is full time diesel mechanic who can do work at less per hour, but we need to find engine. Please help. Hubby is really good mechanically but without use of his right arm/hand, he just can't do work himself.\\

Thanks

PTCruiser

Dave I'm afraid the only thing that is going to fit is another Ford eng.The make of it is Shibaura from Japan. You may be able to locate one in one of the salvage yards online.
Goodluck Dave

len Odds of finding a complete engine are pretty slim. I would take the tractor in trade on a usedd tractor or buy it outright.
Glen Hampton Im told that shibaura 24Hp engine will fit right on your ford, shibaura makes all the ford and new holland compact tractors.
I know where this engine is so i will check on it's availability and let you know.

Paul I can sell you the complete engine for $900
PT Cruiser To Glen or Paul: I am interested, please let me know what you have. Can't afford to trade in for another, and no one around here has anything. I had heard about the Shibura, but not available in this area I am told (Pittsburgh, PA) Thanks.

PTC

Pat write me at gotdalife1@aol.com.. I need a 1710 ford tractor engine.. thanks Pat
Larry Fingar Looking for a crank for a 3 cyl shibaura. Will ptcruiser sell blown engine if crank is good? Anyone else have one?
Please email me direct.
Thanks

PTCruiser Thanks Larry, but no, husband does not want to sell crank.

PTC

betts
there was a response on this site that someone name paul had a engine to sell for 900 dollars if you didnt buy it can you get me in contact with this person thanks

David Israel
Looking for replacement engine or take out engine or a place to buy new repair parts beside going to Ford Dealer.
Or will a Yamar or other engine repower this unit?

Rich I also need a motor for a 1710 ford tractor anyone know whare i can find one
Tim IM CHASING A FULL REBUILD KIT FOR A LE892 THIS 2 CYCLINDER DIESLE ENGINE CAME OUT OF A YATCH IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED
THANKS TIM

William Dixon Have ford 1710 with a hole in block near # 1
rod . How do or can I repair this ? How do I
remove the front wheel drive shaft to remove the
oil pan ? Hole is on the right side as seated
on the tractor . Thanks .

David Lowes Hello, How do you setup the injector pump timing on this engine.

Regards

David

craig tuttle i have a 78 1600 ford tractor. it broke a valve. i cant find parts anywhere. can you help
Buddy I have a complete 1710 that I am parting out.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: