[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Craig I am going to buy a brand new NEW HOLLAND compact tractor this week.
I have a chance to buy a TC24DA HST 4WD with loader, mid mount mower, R4 tires , and block heater.
TC30 HST ,4WD with loader , midmount mower ,R4 tires , and block heater.
Basicaly same features but bigger attachments on TC30.
I,m looking for a tractor to mow around the house with , do a little loader work with ,brush hog abought 25 to 30 acers 2 times a year,and do a little tilling for seeding around 1 or 2 acers .
I was told by the dealer the TC24DA would handle a 5 foot brush hog and a 60 inch tiller .
I have been looking at the TC30 for a while but not sure if it would be to big for mowing around the house ?
I,m not sure if the TC24DA is big enough for brush hogging and field work.
I can buy either tractor for the same price.
Which one should I buy ???????
Ps if I go with the TC30 will the 60 inch mid mount mower be wide enough to mow the width of the rear tires ?
Please send any and all opinions.
Also current owners of either tractor on any good or bad points.
I dont have to mant obsticles to go around for mowing.

Les Williams I am looking for the same New Holland and will be using it in the mtns at 8500'. I will only be using the FEL and a a snowblower. Will a 24 hp been enough or do I need to go to the 29 hp?
Alan In response to Les, I spent two winters driving an old Ford 1200 tractor backwards on my half-mile gravel driveway. Average snowfall here at 2700' in Southern British Columbia is around 9 -10 ft.

I recommend spending the extra money for a front-mount blower, and I do know New Holland offers a soft cab for the TC 30 (dunno about the TC24). Consider a small aftermarket heater, which can be run off the coolant and battery (never installed one myself).

I found my 16 horses on the 1200 a bit light. I am upgrading to a TC 30 pronto, although a 24 might be enough - keep asking. Four chains are mandatory, and invest in a good come-along. It is not that hard to find the ditch in a snowstorm....

Carry shear-bolts and a wrench with you, if you stray from home.

Ron Madding I have owned a 2004 TC24DA tractor for over two years and I work it hard. It has the bucket loader,60 in. mower deck with a PT powered grass/leaf collector system,60 in. Ford tiller,60 in. box scraper, 72 in.snowblade, and a angle back scraper. I use all of these on my property with out any problems. I mow over 2 1/2 acreas. I have tilled gardens up to 3 acreas with no problems. I have moved over 60 one ton dump loads of sand and dirt from my place and still going. They do sell a soft cab for it and a heater also. I went with the turf tires. Ps i will be buying a snow blower soon. Its a great tractor. Good luck New Hollands rule! Ron
Kevin Foss I have owned a tc30 for 5 years, and love it. I have had no problems with it and have never had a power problem. The rear wheels are 60 inches so the mower would cover that area. Good tractor.
Rafael Martinez I just bought a 2005 tc24da with front loader rear backhoe and thum it's has 303 hrs on it paid $11600 wondering if I got a good deal for it what u guy think first tractor I have ever bought thxs
Matthew I have had a TC30 for about a year and a half. It is a really good tractor. I have mowed brush down that was taller than the tractor and really thick, and it doesn't even slow down. If you can get both tractors for the same price I would go with the TC30.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.