NEW HOLLAND , TC24 vs. TC30

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

NEW HOLLAND , TC24 vs. TC30

Craig I am going to buy a brand new NEW HOLLAND compact tractor this week.
I have a chance to buy a TC24DA HST 4WD with loader, mid mount mower, R4 tires , and block heater.
OR,
TC30 HST ,4WD with loader , midmount mower ,R4 tires , and block heater.
Basicaly same features but bigger attachments on TC30.
I,m looking for a tractor to mow around the house with , do a little loader work with ,brush hog abought 25 to 30 acers 2 times a year,and do a little tilling for seeding around 1 or 2 acers .
I was told by the dealer the TC24DA would handle a 5 foot brush hog and a 60 inch tiller .
I have been looking at the TC30 for a while but not sure if it would be to big for mowing around the house ?
I,m not sure if the TC24DA is big enough for brush hogging and field work.
I can buy either tractor for the same price.
Which one should I buy ???????
Ps if I go with the TC30 will the 60 inch mid mount mower be wide enough to mow the width of the rear tires ?
Please send any and all opinions.
Also current owners of either tractor on any good or bad points.
I dont have to mant obsticles to go around for mowing.
Thanks.....

Les Williams I am looking for the same New Holland and will be using it in the mtns at 8500'. I will only be using the FEL and a a snowblower. Will a 24 hp been enough or do I need to go to the 29 hp?
Alan In response to Les, I spent two winters driving an old Ford 1200 tractor backwards on my half-mile gravel driveway. Average snowfall here at 2700' in Southern British Columbia is around 9 -10 ft.

I recommend spending the extra money for a front-mount blower, and I do know New Holland offers a soft cab for the TC 30 (dunno about the TC24). Consider a small aftermarket heater, which can be run off the coolant and battery (never installed one myself).

I found my 16 horses on the 1200 a bit light. I am upgrading to a TC 30 pronto, although a 24 might be enough - keep asking. Four chains are mandatory, and invest in a good come-along. It is not that hard to find the ditch in a snowstorm....

Carry shear-bolts and a wrench with you, if you stray from home.

Alan

Ron Madding I have owned a 2004 TC24DA tractor for over two years and I work it hard. It has the bucket loader,60 in. mower deck with a PT powered grass/leaf collector system,60 in. Ford tiller,60 in. box scraper, 72 in.snowblade, and a angle back scraper. I use all of these on my property with out any problems. I mow over 2 1/2 acreas. I have tilled gardens up to 3 acreas with no problems. I have moved over 60 one ton dump loads of sand and dirt from my place and still going. They do sell a soft cab for it and a heater also. I went with the turf tires. Ps i will be buying a snow blower soon. Its a great tractor. Good luck New Hollands rule! Ron
Kevin Foss I have owned a tc30 for 5 years, and love it. I have had no problems with it and have never had a power problem. The rear wheels are 60 inches so the mower would cover that area. Good tractor.
Rafael Martinez I just bought a 2005 tc24da with front loader rear backhoe and thum it's has 303 hrs on it paid $11600 wondering if I got a good deal for it what u guy think first tractor I have ever bought thxs
Matthew I have had a TC30 for about a year and a half. It is a really good tractor. I have mowed brush down that was taller than the tractor and really thick, and it doesn't even slow down. If you can get both tractors for the same price I would go with the TC30.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Compact Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: