Electric starter conversion D4 Cat

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Caterpillar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Electric starter conversion D4 Cat

Edward Picardi I am looking to convert from a pony motor to an electric start for my D4 cat 7U. Any part and help is appreciated. The diesel bell housing does have the 3 bolt plate on the right side of the engine.
Er Sounds like your going to have to get yourself a 24v starter, different pre cups withn the glow plugs in it, and all wiring . You'll need a heat/start switch, a 24v soleniod for the glow plugs and a place to remount the batts. I've seen 4d batts monunted one on each side , hooked in parrallel . O yes don't forget the ground dissconnect switch for the batteries. Brake the ground in your battery circuit. Also a 24v altenator and brackets to mount it. Not cheap
ron I converted a d2 over.It all depends on how far you want to go. I used a 12v 40mt ac delco starter and it worked great. I use 2 batteries and my generator doesn't work so i just charge the batteries up once in a while, maybe not the perferred way to do it but it depends on how much money you want to put in it. On ebay there is a company Triodiode That is where i got the starter drive. it is clockwise rotation,has right helical sloped teeth. the d2 and d4 use the same starter drive. starter also is clockwise roation. you can also 42mt starter. GO to google and put in old magnet image shack. It might get to the image shack if not keep looking until you find it . Old magnet's Image Shack has everything you need to know about converting over to electric start.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Caterpillar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: