Where to install block heater on Perkins 4.236 on 416 backhoe

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Caterpillar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Where to install block heater on Perkins 4.236 on 416 backhoe

David Seymour I have a 1989 Caterpillar 416 backhoe with the Perkins 4.236 engine I bought A Kim Hotstart for it and am confused as to which 1 1/4" freeze plug it fits into. The directions say to put it into the second one from the rear on the left side of the engine which would put it next to the starter and it will fit in there but I will have to remove the starter to gain access to this plug. Kim Hot starts on line web site say's to put into the 1 1/4" freeze plug on the right side of the engine. Has anyone put one of these on there Perkins 4.236 engine? and can you tell me where the best spot is to mount it right now I'm leaning towards putting it on the left side next to the starter. Thanks Dave.
Chris Hello David,

I just stumbled on to this website seeing if anyone has installed a block heater on a 4.236 liter perkins engine.

How did that Block heater work for you? How hard was the installation?

thank you

Chris

david petronelli any info. on the installation of a block heater for 1965 case 530ck would be very helpful.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Caterpillar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: