SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 580c backhoe brake question

jimmy foster hey i have a 1981 case 580c and i recently started putting new brakes in it i got the right side done (the side with the difflock) got all new bands in adjuster nut etc. put it back on then i went to bleed it so that meant i had to heat up the rod that holds the brake pedals together since 81'! got that out bleed that side right side complete. then i wasn't planning on doin the left side but i un did the brake line on that side then decided to not do it and screwed the line back in and i pressed the left brake pedal and there was no pressure so i checked the level and filled it up then i took the bleeder out cleaned it out put it back in and bleed it. all there was coming out of the bleeder was fluid after about 5 pumps and holds (i bleed it the right way) but dtill no pressure the arm on top of the brake housing will just move up a little bit if you pump the pedal fast but it just falls backdown when you hold the pedal down the wheel cylinder was replaced about 8 years ago and the master cylinder is original. so basically the left side cant hold the arm up it just bleeds back down like theres a seal blown but i don't know if its in the master or wheel cylinder. No leaks PLEASE HELP

BOB Most likely the master cyl. When the brakes are working for a long time (sometimes years) the master omly operates on a small area of its stroke, so the unused area behind piston builds up with crud and rust. The first time you go full stroke (like bleeding) the piston picks up all that crud and will bypass. Nine times out of ten it is not repairable but you can dissassemble and check before you buy a new. I always do masters when doing a brake job for that reason.
jimmy thans alot bob that makes a lot of sense. now all i have to do is save some money up so i can by a anew one!
Sean Equipmentpartssource dot com aftermarket cylinder (Part No L25419) complete $89 each plus, Repair kit (P/N L32129) $25 each plus.
Sean

stan i have a 1996 case backhoe 580L 4x4 does any body know how to bleed the brakes system it is all stock i can not find no bleeders know were look all over follow the brakes lines cant find thanks,,

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: