SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

885 gears

richard Harrison I'm sure I've read of this problem recently.

My Case had (just this afternoon) become stuck in gear,
well that is to say stuck in high range forward.

I happen to have a mechanic coming to look at fitting the loader
tomorrow which I asked on here about yesterday,
but does anyone know about its gear selector sticking please?

Darren Roberts Hi Richard

Did you ever figure out what was causing this because the same thing occasionally happens to our 885XL.

I'm leaning towards ours being a problem in the hi/lo/rev selector in the cab rather than in the gearbox because all the linkages still appear to have movement in them whereas the lever just jams solid in place - I can unstick it by getting a bar in and forcing it out. Its once in a blue moon that it happens - but always seems to be when you least need it to happen! Our dealers said they'd heard of similar problems before and advised keeping the lever mechanism well lubricated. Easy to say that tho' when its a right pain to get to...

If theres a proper solution tho' I'd love to hear it!

Cheers

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: