SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580 pulls to the right

rob I have a Case 580G. When I want to drive straight forward I have to turn the wheel slowly to the left all the time or it will go to the right. I think there are a leak in the pump(I have to fill steering oil regular)
BOB Most likely one steering cylinder is bypassing internally. I usually rekit both cylinders at the same time. If on is bypassing, the other is not far behind; BOB
Sean That G will be a David Brown based 580,power steering pump on the right side of the engine,pump is inside the reservoir,there is a seal on the pump drive shaft that maybe letting the fluid into the engine,take off the pump and then the drive gear,the snap ring and you can poke out the seal.
Sean

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: