SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

91 Case 580sk 2wheel drive transmission

Ed Hi i am having a problem with no 3rd or 4th gear only 1st and 2nd gear work, but when i get at a certain angle i loose 1st and 2nd then i only have 3rd and 4th gear. so at that point i lower the front bucket to raise the front @ that point i loose 3rd and 4th and i am back with only 1st and 2nd gear seems as something is loose or adrift in the trans ? any help thanks
Ed

Deewight ED, If you can at times get all gears sounds like linkage problem.Detents and interlock at consul have to be timed to detents in trans.Get someone to shift all gears in cab while you watch from below.Also chk axle bolts to make sure axle assy is not moving.
Ed Deewight
i will check i guess i made the mistake of disconnecting linkage below and moving the linkages on there own to try and get the gears to work. it seems when i am @ a forward(steep) angle i loose the 1st and 2nd gear then i would put it in 3rd to drive away is tough on certain terrain then in order to get 1st again or second i would lower the bucket like said to lift front of machine then i would loose 3rd and get 1st or second.
So how would i go about setting up from scratch, in regards to the shift and linkage connections.
Just seems like there is something a drift/loose in the trans or on the linkage inside
Thanks Ed

Deewight Ed: Don't understand why moving loader will change transmission gearing. Suggest taking ball joints off at transmission. Put 4 speed lever in neutral in cab and then put a pair of vice grips on linkage below and make sure that lever is in neutral. Adjust 1-2 ball joint so it nicely slides into linkage in transmission. Do the same with 3-4 linkage. Should work.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: