SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 580c surging

james kenert i have a 1981 case 580c backhoe with 1100hrs on it and about 200hrs ago the engine started to surge up and down in rpms by only about 100 or so but real quickly and sometimes it would just stall so i replaced the injector pump, filters and that seemed to help a bit engine runs and starts perfect plenty of power when its reved up you can feel the surging in the backhoe controls but you cant really hear it maybe just barely and then some times after its warmed up a bit it wont really do it then other times it will seems to surge or fluctuate in rpms the most when cold also temp gauge dosent work wire is hooked up.
james

Jed Something like that happened mine and I could not find the cause but after advice from my neighbour I found that the return pipe elbow that screws into the pump was blocked by some rubbery bits after I cleaned the elbow it ran ok for a few more months but in the end I had the pump off and had it repaired and its great since,make sure thet your tank is vented and a good flow of fuel at the filters.
Jed

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: