Case 580 K Hydraulic Problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 580 K Hydraulic Problem

Jim As I was operating the backhoe today I swung the boom to the left and the engine almost stalled. Then as I started to raise the left outrigger the engine did stall and I couldn’t get it restarted for a long time. Any hydraulic movement lugs the engine down. Is there a pressure relief valve that could be stuck somewhere? Thank you for your time.
AJ The whole of the hydraulic system is procteted by a main regulator valve located in the control bank for the front loader,each movement of the machine is procteted by a port valve except the stablizers and extendahoe,the usual thing to happen is the loss of power due to the main valve sticking open or an o'ring failing on the valve body,check on the machine that all the control levers for the hydraulics are returning to the nrutral position including the extendahoe pedal,when you are sure everything is in neutral the engine should start normally,you say it was difficult to start after it stalled so before you tamper with the hydraulics you need to make sure the engine is running properly,if there is a poor fuel supply,air in the system or dirty filters the engine will stall,service the fuel system first,see if the machine travels as normal,if so and you are satisfied that the engine is running good and not an issue you may need to remove the main relief valve to see if its stuck closed which is unlikely but!
AJ

Jim I'm thinking the engine was hard to start because of a build up of hydo fluid pressure.

All controls are in neutral position.

I first noticed problem raising the left stabalizer. when I raised the main boom is when engine stalled.

engine runs fine as long as the hydraulics are not being used

I could have been imagining but thought I heard a metalic noise from front of engine. Hydro pump? Could it lock up?

Thank you.

Jim

Not an extenda hoe.

AJ Yes the pump could lock up and it could tear the spline from the drive shaft but it is unlikely that has happened because it is bogging the engine when you pull the levers,the pump is rotating all the time at engine speed,does the machine travel normally,if it is bogging down when you put it in gear brings me back to the fuel,there is no pressure on the hydraulic pump when the levers are in neutral the oil is just circulating around the circuit,if you think the pump made a noise remove the hydraulic filter to see if there is any metal flakes visible,ideally you should cut it open and examine the media you would need to have a spare one got to replace it,the engine may seem to be running fine when there is no pressure on it and stall when you put any on it,test the travel.
AJ

gED hI, CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE YOU FILL THE HYDROLIC SYSTEM ON A CASE 580F ?
CHEERS

GED Hi, A farmer friend of mine has a problem with his hydrolics and hates computors, so im helping him. can anyone explain where he fills up the hydrolic system on a case 580F ?
regards
Ged

AJ You guys really test my memory,must be 25 years since I seen an F,I think the oil is filled in on the left side just above the step for getting into the cab between the lift cylinder for the loader and where the push frame pivots,about halfway up there should be a plug and a sight gauge under it,halfway up the glass with the equipment on the ground.
AJ

Stuck on Tunk What is the easiest way to check to see if the hydrawlic pump is ship. Everything was working, loader, control arms and backhow. I replace two hoses on the backhoe due to leakage, now nothing works!. I am out of ideas.
Stuck on Tunk Not Ship - Shot :-)

raymond i have similar problems with a 580c my hyds on the back boom are decent then weak but my loader and stabs have excelent power some times the boom will almost be able to lock into place then sometimes the back boom wont lift itself any help would be great
glen fredrickson case backhoe 580 super m loader control will not roll bucket back
SP How could hydraulic fluid get in the engine oil on a case 580K backhoe???
Gary McCollum My boom control valve sticks in both the up or down position. I have tried to remove the spool valve in the machine but it will not come out of the bore. I'm afraid to apply too much force, any suggestions? The spool hits up solid, do I have take apart the valve body?
Andy My older model 580k backhoe does not want to go forward when cold
It does reverse ok.

after it warms up, forward works fairly normal. Is it a broken tractor?

lwp I need to find a shaft for the Hydraulic pump on a 580K,the hydraulic pump coupling, ,any info would be greatly appricated
rick shafer All hydraulics work on machine backhoe, and loader but it wont go into gear?it was working fine i was how ever low on hydraulic fluid but still was working fine then all of a sudden i lost reverse and foreword on the shuttle cant figure it out does anybody have an idea?
Rss

Tadesse Can you send me the part no of the hydraulic oil filter for case 580 K backhoe loader
david porter

hi can some one help me? i have case 580
hydraulic not working, on back boom or bucket.
is there 2 separated hydraulic tank , transmission and bucket

Tonia Dusza I have a 1995 580 super k case backhoe and when u start it it wont go in gear. U have to raise rear wheels in the air n rev the motor till it goes in gear then itys fine no slippage or anything

Quintana Can anyone tell me what it means when the hydraulic filter light goes on, on a 580 case k, backhoe
larry i need more presure on my dipper cylinder on my case 530 ck,i fitted a log splitter on that cylinder now don't have enough push thanks
timothy kendrick i'm looking for an oil cooler for my 580k anyone know where to find one
Felixsantiago I have a 580d case backhoe.and my engine block is crack.now i can't get bucket and landing legs up what i need to do to get up so i can move my trackter to my shop?
david I have a 94 super K case 4x4. Hydraulic functions are weak but if you hold boom lever in up position it seems to operate normal. The loader wont raise unless holding boom lever. where is problem? thanks
AZMI AHMAD Today change hidraulik pump as suggested by my mech due to CASE 580k found engin off when use 3 or more function of hidraulik ,like back bucket,2 landing leg.The swing bucket also no so good.Is it any pressure measurement for verified hidraulik pressure.

ELI VILLONES Slow and poor performance of hydraulic parts including transporting of the unit.
ELI VILLONES
Re: Case 580 K Hydraulic Problem

Hydraulic problems of the unit.

Kenny My 78 580 case ck front bucket was working fine, wont go down lever is jammed,goes up and curls down and up is there a release valve stuck making it not go down. any ideas would be great thank you
keith I have a 91 super K the boom sometimes sticks to the extreme right

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: