david brown 990 pto

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

david brown 990 pto

charlie whitt My pto clutch doesnt work. when I press the pedal all the way down in the second stage it ginds and you can not ingage it. If I shut the moter off and ingage the pto then start the moter it works fine. Since it works fine then I think the clutch is good. Could it be the throw out bearing or just out of adjustment. Please help. Thank you.
Mike Cochran I had the same problem with my David Brown 990, I did the same thing that you were doing to get by. I started asking around and was told that the clutch just needed adjusted. If you look on the shaft on the bottom of your pedal you will see a bolt that adjusts the slack, play with that and you will figure out which way you need to turn it to adjust. It is really easy to do, but get a helper to push the pedal down for you and engage the PTO while you adjust. Good luck!
AJ Sent you an email,did you get it?
AJ

charlie whitt Thanks I will try that.
charlie whitt No AJ. I didnt git it.
AJ I have resent the email today the 18th March,if you do not get it the address may be wrong?
AJ

rwwebb just got a D.Brown 990 ,there's a plate on the tool box , its sayes ,serial # ,, 990/1 860734 ,, below that eng.# 449001 39095,,,that # doesn't match any # I found in here ,What #'s do I have ,,trying to find the year of this 990, can you help me , Also ,does the fluid in the trany and for the hydraulics call for motor oil ?? ty , rww
David Atherton My PTO has stopped working on my 990. There is literally no drive at all. I've had the top cover off the PTO and can't see anything drastic in there; although the low range gear has some damage to the cogs on it. Tractor still drives fine otherwise

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: