Case 580K and 580CK-what is the difference?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!
Search This Message Board:

Case 580K and 580CK-what is the difference?

Russ Messana I am brand new to farming, equipment, and backhoes. I just purchased a used 580K back hoe. Looking at the issues on this board, I see that there are two 580s with a K. The 580K and the 580CK. What is the difference?

By the way, anybody have some manuals that don't cost $500 like my dealer has?

Russ Messana Well I found out the answer do to another internet person, Paul, taking the time to write to me. He said:

The difference mainly is the year they were built a 580-ck is about 1975
a 580-k is 1984 they are very different units also there is a 580-sk
called a super K 590-SK all units with Sk are turbo-charged.

TOM : I am brand new to farming, equipment, and backhoes. I just purchased a used 580K back hoe. Looking at the issues on this board, I see that there are two 580s with a K. The 580K and the 580CK. What is the difference?

: By the way, anybody have some manuals that don't cost $500 like my dealer has?

SSB TRACTORS HAVE A LOT OF SERVICE MANUALS FOR ABOUT $150.00 CHECK EM OUT

TOM

Bob : : I am brand new to farming, equipment, and backhoes. I just purchased a used 580K back hoe. Looking at the issues on this board, I see that there are two 580s with a K. The 580K and the 580CK. What is the difference?

: : By the way, anybody have some manuals that don't cost $500 like my dealer has?

: SSB TRACTORS HAVE A LOT OF SERVICE MANUALS FOR ABOUT $150.00 CHECK EM OUT

: TOM
:
I have found my manuals by using the search engine Google and typing in Case manuals.

Jason MacKenzie That Info above is only half correct. The 580CK is basically the original 580 class backhoe. The CK stands for "Construction King" Which is because the case backhoe back then was the most common all around piece of equipment on most construction sites. So for quite a long time Case marketed their machines as Construction Kings. Then after ther 580, came the improved 580B Construction King, then the 580C Construction King. Then the 580D Construction King. The 580D came out in 1982, and was the first machine to offer a Optional Suped up model. You had the 580D and the 580 Super D. Also first year for 4wd machines. (Super D had more HP and better Hydraulics, and of Course 4wd) Then in 1985 came the 580E and 580 Super E, only slight improvements over the previous 580D models. However different color scheme. Backhoe colors switched from Orange and Black to Tan and Brown. Then in 1987 Came the 580K which for quite a long time had no super K, til 1991. The missing letters from E to K were mostly reservered for Foreign Case Backhoes. The 580K was the most dramatic change from any other previous model. Almost a total redesign of the entire machine. It just looked like a totally different animal. Then came the 590, which was just an enlarged version of the 580SK, more HP, Bigger backhoe, etc. The original 590 was never given a model letter, although it was just a Larger K model. Then came the 580L, 580 Super L, and 590 Super L, (first 590 to have a model letter) Then in 2001 came the 580M, 580SM, & 590SM. (totally new hydraulic system) Pro Control is Electronically assisted hydraulics which give you pin point accuracy, and New design of Cab, much large and better visual advantages, and of course more productive HP, per fuel Economy. If you ever have any questions about case Backhoe loaders feel free to email at yensidwalt at aol dot com, I swear I have studied all the facts and figures on them for so long, I am like Rain Man, when it comes to Case Backoes.. Ha Ha, Jason
Stuart Just read with interest your notes on the 580k.

Just bought one for light duty. Cummins diesel
extendahoe, 4wd, 5000 hrs good running condition.

Going to use for general purposes while building my house and restoring a coupla old mack trucks.

Been trying to find a parts manual if you know of one, anywhere, I'd be grateful for any info or help.

Have also been trying ebay, but no luck yet.

Thanks in advance
Stuart

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: