580 G engine and wiring

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580 G engine and wiring

benny i have just purchased a case 580 G that needs a bit of tidying up and want to find out 2 things
1-it has a straight 4 cylinder engine which i think i'm right in saying is the same as the engines fitted to the 1294 tractors. i want to fit a turbo engine and was wondering is it just a case of finding an engine from a 1412/1490/1494 and fitting it straight on, or will it need a lot of modification.
2-i'm also looking for a wiring diagram if someone can help.

cheers benny

AJ There were lots of 580G's here in the UK, built in France based on a David Brown tractor,DB 219 engine was standard,it was coupled to a Borg Warner power shuttle,four speed DB transaxle and final drives,Case frame and hydraulics,I cannot say if the engine are the same as the ag tractors you listed,the electrics around the engine was fairly simple and as I remember there were a couple of circuit breakers at the back of the alternator.
AJ

benny thanks AJ
bobby HI names bobby in grenada have a case 580G IT has no power on the forward drive replace new clutches in transmission reverse is perfect drives really well there climes hill reversing in second gear but cant clime it forward in first gear; What do you think is the problem?
bobby HI names bobby in grenada have a case 580G IT has no power on the forward drive replace new clutches in transmission reverse is perfect drives really well there climes hill reversing in second gear but cant clime it forward in first gear; What do you think is the problem?
Peter Clark I have the same problem what is the cure.
Chris I have a 480E shuttle shift with the same problem. I replaced the clutch packs too. Reverse is fine but does not want to go forward. If I rev the engine sometimes forward will engage as the engine decelerates. What is the solution?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: