1200 David Brown,will not stay running...........

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1200 David Brown,will not stay running...........

Joe Powers I have recently purchased a 1200 David Brown and it suddenly quit on me.I thought it might be an air leak in fuel lines and changed them,bled everything still nothing.It will stay running for as long as you pump the quick start to her(not good I know).Could it be possible that the injectors need cleaning?Would anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.
AJ Check the tank is vented,take off the glass bowl you should have a good flow of fuel coming,clean the pump body and gauze filter,put the bowl back,if you do not have a good flow see why there may be dirt in the tank,put on two new fuel filters and bleed the system,open the bleed screws on top of the filters and on the injector pump operate the lift pump lever till clear fuel comes from the back filter,close the bleeder and pump on till the front one is clear and close it,some pumps have two bleed screws,open both and pump till clear fuel come from both.press the cold start button and start the engine,the engine should stay running without the cold button been pressed,that button is not a priming button what it does is allow the rack to travel a greater distance than when the engine is running,its proper name is an excess fuel device.if its the case the rack can move to the stop position without the stop control been pulled the adjustment of the low idling screw has been altered or there is an issue inside the housing,but first ensure that the pump is getting enough fuel by servicing the system.
AJ

AJ Forgot to mention that the inline Simms pump that should be fitted to your tractor has it own oil,the oil should be changed when the engine oil is changed,use the same oil,there is a drain plug on the bottom of the governor housing,a level plug a little less than halfway up,the filler is a large slotted plug on top,you drain the oil take out the filler and level plug and fill it till oil comes from the level plug.
AJ

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: