1200 David Brown hydraulics

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1200 David Brown hydraulics

Richard I recently bought a David Brown 1210. It has hydraulic problems. When it is cold at first the hydraulic stystem will not work. Niether the loader or the 3 pt. The light that is supposed to signify that the filter is being bypassed does not light up. After a bit if I rev up the engine and work the loader it will go up. Then the light comes on and stays on. Also the fluid is foamy. My brother-in-law (from whom I bought the tractor) changed the fluid and filter and I have not used the tractor that much since, maybe 3 or 4 hrs. Toward the end of last summer the by pass light began to stay on for longer periods and sometimes not go out at all. Also when I first, or at least it used to, started it up in cold weather the loader would rise, after that not until I warmed the engine and then it would work a somewhat. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also my brother-in-law said that he installed a double pump on the system. The fluid is not low.
AJ I'm not into ag tractors but usually when oil foams it is caused by air getting into the suction side of the pump, I had a look at the on line parts of the 1210 and see that the hydraulic pump is driven from the front of the crankshaft with a suction line going back to the bottom of the transmission case,there is a strainer above the round plate,I would drain the oil into a clean container and remove that suction strainer and wash it,replace any o'rings and put the strainer and oil back,check the suction line for damage or perished hose that might draw air,fit a new filter and try again,the bypass light remains on most machines after startup for 30/40 seconds,if it is staying on longer it is indicatng that the filter is blocked or the switch is faulty,your problem sounds like the pump is not picking up the oil so you need to know the strainer is clean,the suction line is good and the oil is not contaminated.
AJ

Frank Merry Be sure the filter in the belly of this tractor is good, we used to have many hydraulic failures on the David Browns due to this oversight. It would become collapsed and disintegrate, sending particles thru the system.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: