580B backhoe rollover.......

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580B backhoe rollover.......

Mitch Man It was one of those days!!!

I just laid my machine on its sideÖ..thankfully I had ROPís and no one got hurt. Maybe I should consider it my lucky day. I was moving on a 3% side grade with the bucket up when the right front blew sending me on a ride of a life time.

My question is now what? I got it back upright after about 3 hours on its side and it fired right up. I did shut it down right away. What should I do besides refilling the fluids? also, This machine has always felt tipsy with the add weight of the extend-a-hoe. Is there away to minimize this with different tires or Tire pressure? Or counter weighting.

Thanks

AJ Once it was shut off straight away no damage will be done,top up the fluids and keep an eye on things,some people do put water ballast in the tyres but as I am not a driver I can't say how effective it is but it should help.
AJ

James on a side hill try to keep your boom to the high side. Sometime when it gets real hairy i will raise the stick and let the boom down some to get more weight out. Then the next step it to let the low side outrigger down. Do not know if the outrigger down woill help, but it makes me feel better. Glad you are ok.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: