case 580k sequence valve what does it do

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 580k sequence valve what does it do

case310350 wanted to know what the sequence valve does? I just rebuilt the swing cylinders and now the swing will not hold. It will drift. I can move it by hand, so either I did the cylinder rebuild wrong, but it was stright forward no unexpected problems, or I have created a new problems. before the rebuild the boom/stick would not move side to side at all over time. I rebuilt it becuase the seals were gone. any ideas
Deewight sequence valve should not cause drift. Purpose of this valve is to port oil flow to swing cylinders at proper time as it swings. Because of the geometry of the swing cylinders, as boom gets to a certain point right or left, oil flow has to be reversed going to the cylinders. That's why the sequence valve is mechanically timed to the position of the boom by the roller and cam on the main swing pin. Suggest buying some JIC #10 caps and plugging lines at swing cylinder. Lift boom in the air and try to manually push boom either right or left. If boom won't move, suspect problem in valve. Let us know how you make out.
AJ Did you remove any of the hoses,if so did they go back in the same place.
AJ

CNH The sequence valve sets the abruptness or sharpness of the stopping of the backhoe when the lever is let go. In other words it acts like a cushion and thats ALL it does.
CNH

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: