1494 3-point problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1494 3-point problem

Ian The top link sensing on my 1494 Case isn't working properly. I have adjusted the sensing cable as per the shop manual. However, with the selector dial set for "draft" control, the system just won't keep my plow at a uniform depth.

Here's what happens:
1. From its rearmost (i.e. raised) position, I move the control lever forward about half an inch.
The plow comes crashing down to the ground. As I move ahead, the plow just skims the surface of the ground.
2. I move the control lever forward a litle bit more--but just a few millimeters. Now, the plow is 10 inches deep! Top link sensing just doesn't seem to be active when the plow is in the ground.

The 3-point system works fine in "position" control,but you can't really plow properly in this setting.

Where is my problem? Is it in the spring-loaded top link, or somewhere else?

I've never had these kinds of problems operating a 3-point-hitch plow with any other tractor.

Thanks for any input.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: