shimming / repairing a 580k extendahoe

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

shimming / repairing a 580k extendahoe

case310350 Just took off the xhoe on a 580k. it was sloppy when extended, not to bad when retracted. I notice on the bottom side of the xhoe the metal plate has a bulge which would happen when the xhoe is extended. would assume this is due to the leverage when digging with the hoe fully extended. Can this be repaired or better left alone?

One of the side plastic pieces is rough. one of the bolts that holds the plastic was loose and was rubbing the plastic. these plastic pieces are very expensive so will live with it.

What is the best method to shim the plastic to tighten the hoe. is there and outside measurement? trail and error looks tough as I would not want to take the xhoe on and off a lot.

also the rod end which attached to the xhoe on the inside looks like it may be a problem to get back on and the pin through.

any advice?

greg

AJ I have put steel plate under the plastic to tighten them up,as you say the plastic is way too dear,each machine will be worn different so I have no specs,can the bulge be heated and knocked back in place as it will allow play at that point,put plenty grease on the slide area,no bother to get the pin in,the rod eye fits in to a vee and sorta self aligning,keep the rod retracted to prevent it getting damaged,it will be safe inside the cylinder till you get the stick back in place then push it out and put the pin in.
AJ

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: