power shuttle problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

power shuttle problems

bob ballard i have a 580c backhoe, it works fine in forword but when i put it in reverse it pulls like the brake is on. it feel as if its fighting itself, could it be a valve leaking by letting the fluid bypass and putting pressure on both forward and reverse at the same time. it also move forward while in nutral. can you help me.
AJ That is a common problem with the Borg Warner shuttle,what happens is one of the friction discs in the forward cluch pack breaks up and a piece of the broken disc gets sandwiched between the others causing the clutch to be engaged all the time,when you put it in reverse the machine is still trying to go forward and it acts like the brakes are on,when it is going forward in neutral press the clutch disconnect,if it stops you have a control valve problem,if not its a mechanical one,very little can be done with that shuttle in situ,its got to be removed to work on it,a lot of people on here try to diy it but unless one has a good knowledge of multi disc transmissions I would recommend a reman unit.
AJ

rw_ballard could you tell me what a rebuilt unit would cost and how much this might cost and were i person might get one or have mine rebuilt, i can do the exchange myself.
AJ As I am on the other side of the pond I have no idea of prices or sources,I did search about the net and found two sources,one is offering the repair kit which includes all the wearing parts for $253,no doubt there will be a shipping cost,they also supply exchange units but have to be contacted for price,they are at
http://www.equipmentpartssource.com/onlinestore/store_shuttle1a.php
The other source is
http://www.collins-services.com/catalog.html
When the page opens scroll right down and you will see the thumbnail of the shuttle.the telephone numbers of both are listed on their sites.
AJ

HARRY TRY TRACTORSTUFF.COM AND TALK TO DALE. THE PRICE IS AROUND $1500+ CORE

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: