580 w/ low pressure on boom

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580 w/ low pressure on boom

jon My boom is slow. I checked the pressure and it is very low. around 400 psi. the rest of the machine has pressure around 1800 psi. Does each control valve have a relief valve? What do you think the problem is? Could i have a blown oring?
AJ There are two circuit relief valves for each function,ie boom up/down,could be an o'ring,stuck valve,broken spring,have you good pressure on the boom down,is the boom holding up with a full bucket,what model 580 have you there is an awful lot of them.
AJ

jon I think it is a C model. The boom will stay up on its on. I disconnected the lines from the boom cylinder and checked the up pressure and the down pressure. They both checked to be 400psi. Are there any oring between the stack valves that could be causing this. Also i had a plugged hydraulic breather cap that was causing pressure to build in the tank. I corrected this but the problem still exists.
AJ I think it unlikely that both circuit relief valves to fail at the same time but?,as you checked the pressure at the hoses it eliminates the cylinder seals,the dipper and bucket having power makes the control valve for the boom suspect, there are O'rings between the sections,there is a Case on line parts look up site at the link below,when the page opens type in the model of your machine 580C in the search box and click search,the model will show,click on the plus sign and again on hydraulics,go down and you will find backhoe boom control valve,after you click on it a drawing will appear on the right,in the top of the picture there is a small toolbar,click on the print sign in the right box and you can view it full screen and you will see the make up of the valve, about air in the reservoir,most closed hyd systems have pressure build up to force oil into the hydraulic pump which is ok,maybe the cause of the extra build is caused by the escaping oil with the boom problem foaming.
Good luck
AJ
https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/main.php

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: