Case 480 D

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 480 D

Shirley This Case starts ok, but after perhaps 10-15 minutes of moving hay, it starts to surge and idle rough then just quits running. If I wait for about 1/2 an hour it will start again. Also, the gauges don't work either- that just started recently. Help!! thanks
AJ Check that the tank breather is not blocked and causing a vacuum,if ok put in new fuel filters and bleed the system.
AJ

Jerry The RPM's dropped from 2000 to around 1200 with pedal to the floor and the speed is barely above a crawl. I have changed the air and primary and secondary fuel filters.
Still won't get over 1200 to 1300 RPM's.
What else coould be the problem?
Thanks,
Jerry

Earth Mover My 480 D-LL, did the same thing several years ago. I had the injection pump rebuilt and the problem was solved.
dick Have similar problem w/ my 480C. Foung idle/cutoff cable housing had slipped under clamp( on left side of block) preventing full fuel flow. That solved it then.
Now a similar problem : machine starts and runs instantly then loses power and stops within 15 seconds, It will restart immediately, running for 7 or 8 seconds, while after 15 sec rest will run for 15 sec. Obviously a fuel flow problem.
I have:
replaced and bled both filters,
drained approx. a gallon of fuel through filters with and w/o fuel line to pump,
removed elbo fitting at pump( clean, no return line on this model)
removed screen in pump( clean)
Checked fuel level manually(2/3 full)
Cleaned air filter and run it w and w/out filter(obviously not air restricted)
I first thought water contamination but found none in sediment bulb, tank or filters??????Ideas

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: