case 580c backhoe fuel injector pump leaking

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 580c backhoe fuel injector pump leaking

mark my backhoe is leaking fuel very badly from the injector pump. the fuel is leaking from both sides of the pump where the trottle and kill cable connect to the pump. is there a way to fix this without buying a new or rebuilt pump?
janek Mine started to leak from the same spot! Only that it is leaking from the trottle and not behind. I have a 580C and the service manual is very vague on this area. I have been looking at message boards and havenít found anything. I am not sure how to fix the problem or what to do either. I am hoping to avoid replacing or even having to take the pump apart!
ron smith I see a lot of questions about this leak, I got some o-rings for the local case dealer just for this problem he said it was pretty common. It was fairly easy to fix also, disconnect the throttle and kill linkage then just take off the top cover 3 bolts..I think .. then there is a keyway that holds the shafts together... remove that and the shafts should pull out so you can replace the o-rings OH the most important step before you take pump cover off !!!! make sure the area around and above is clean --spotless-- because any dirt,sand,etc... in the pump will kill it quick!!!!!
fred where is the keyway at
Carlin How do you get the pump shaft so that i can replace the seal?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: