lift problems Case David Brown 885

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

lift problems Case David Brown 885

Mlke Roberts My lift goes up some times and will not go back down. I can move the seleter some times and that will work what is my problem. Are they a way to take this apart to fix this without getting into abig job.
jim Harsh I have a case David Brown 3 cylinder tractor 885, with bucket and ganon lift I ahve a real problem and hope I can get swome help with this I love the tractor. my gannon will not go up or down it is frozen it seems it did move once but that was the end I have changedd the hydraulic filters and fluid still nothing I took it to a local mechanic and he said it was not worth fixing I do not believe hiom I live in Hemet, CAlif southern CAlif my email address is phone is 951 234 4178

Thank you for helping out

Lonny There are a few things that can effect your lift.
Facing the rear of your tractor, there is a control that looks sorta half moon shape. This is the lift lock. Drop the lift, pull back on lft control to move. If it pops in you are in lock position. Pull back and rotate 1/4 turn. The other is the draft selector switch on the right side. This is a 3 position control. Pointed left is draft control for attachments with depth control wheels. Middle is usually where you place it. Right is traction control for attacments without depth wheels. Also there are preset valves on the lift. If the "O" rings are worn, etc, this could cause problems. I love my little 885.Toughest little work horse I've seen. NOW! Get on the internet or check tractor supply and get a manual. So much better than guerssing. Fix it if you can. I hope this may help.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: