530 case diesel fuel in oil pan

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

530 case diesel fuel in oil pan

Cliff Can anyone one tell me how or why diesel fuel would get in the oil pan-I drained and re-oiled the machine but after about 10 hours the oil pan fills with diesel fuel-
jonjon Does this tractor have a fuel pump mounted on the side of the engine( other than the injector pump)If so it could be bad, could be seals in injector pump. could be manifold preheater is putting it in (if equipped).
chris Might want to make sure that the fuel tank vent is not blocked. If it is, the tank could build up pressure during the day and push fuel through the fuel line and into the cylinders, seep pass the piston rings and into the crank case. I had a dirt-dobber build a nest in my fuel tank vent tube!
Cope I would guess that the injector pump seal is bad and letting fuel into engine. Thats what happened to mine. It stopped doing this after I replaced the seal. Be very careful when reinstalling the injector pump with a new seal on it. I damaged my new seal installing the pump and had to do it over.
Richard Moses Greeting. I have had the problem of fuel filling the crancase on my Case 530. I have replaced the seals on the shaft, no improvement. I have had spent mega bucks to have the injection pump rebuilt, still no improvement. My nephew, a HD mechanic, suggests I do a compression test on engine, but if there are problems there, I would think engine would run rough, but it runs good. Is there someting else that could cause the problem? Thanks for any help.
Richard Moses

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: