1987 Case 580SE LoaderBackHoe

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1987 Case 580SE LoaderBackHoe

Jerry Solinas Anyone own one of those? i was concern about the shaking from the eng. at low idle!! Very little white smoke! Over 900rpm's it smooth's out.
AJ Check the engine mountings,two on the bellhousing and two on the front under the hydraulic pump,if the mountings are worn the engine sounds as if it is running very rough,use a pry bar to see if you can lift the engine up,all the new mountings are fitted from underneath,ie the mountings are round T shaped rubber,the top of the T should go to the bottom so the weight of the engine rests on it.
AJ

jerry There only one mount/insulater in the front!!the two rear ones seem ok The front mount is bolted to the hyd.pump support theres alittle movement not much.There is alittle white smoke at idle but not all the time
AJ The shaking is not the mountings then,your machine should have a tacho,I would set the low idle between 750/800 rpm and it may also help to service the fuel system ie change filters as there maybe moisture in them and causing a miss on low idle.if thats no good loosen one injector pipe at a time when the engine is shaking and see if there is one that makes no difference,if you find one have the set serviced
Good Luck

jerry ---This ones for AJ--- Case 580SE When i got this hoe last nov.i did open the tank drain i got about a shot glass full of gray water from it, Then i changed both filters,The whole tank must be contaminated,Today i drained some into a mason jar Slowly dumped it, i can see water droplets in the bottum of the jar!The injectors do all fire.
AJ The moisture may be your trouble,a set of filters may help,white smoke is caused by incomplete combustion,moisture in the fuel or the timing of the injector pump is a bit too late,if you have a look at the flange on the pump there should be a line that matches up with a line on the timing case,if the filters do no good and you want to advance the timing look at the pump you should see an arrow that indicates which way the pump turns,you would need to slaken the mountings and move the pump body the opposite way to the way the arrow is pointing,a 1/16 of an inch can make an big difference.if you have a glow plug in the manifold check to see its not leaking in neat fuel,just take off the rubber intake pipe from the manifold and you can see the plug,the plug should be dry.what engine have you got,I am in the UK and its either David Brown in the older machines or Cummins from about 88.
AJ

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: