case 580 SK problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 580 SK problems

Jamesy Hi, I have a Case 580SK TURBO '95. which has a few problems which hopefully someone can give me some advice.

1. engine rev's on 1800rpm lift the back boom and the rev's drop back to say 1500rpm makes the machine to slow to operate.

2. 4in1 bucket creeps open quite easily and there are no hydralic leaks up the front end.

3. Where is the transmission dip stick don't worry i only just brought it so it's not like i never check it. Someone told me it was incorperated with the diff, which doesn't sound right to me.

Thanks all help is greatly appreciated

AJ If the throttle lever is not holding you need to take out the dash and tighten the bolt that the lever pivots on.
The four in one opening is probably the seal on the piston of one of the cylinders has failed and is leaking internally.
Its the one oil for the torque and transaxle through the hole in the floor behind the seat,the oil to use is Case Hy-Tran Plus.
AJ

Jamesy thanks AJ

would it be the throttle lever do you think because when you stop using the hydralics the revs return to 1800rpm. The backhoe seems to work fine at say around 2100rpm but that seems a bit to high to me, any idea what the recommended rev's are for operating the backhoe?

AJ The book says to operate the backhoe with the engine at full throttle,but you should be able to use it at any RPM you want,I am in the UK and we have lots of Case machines here,the one's I have come across all had manual levers and as I am in the repair business I have not come across any with the throttle controled by the hydraulics,they do a servo controlled version but I don't know the setup on them,the only other thing I can think of is to see if the throttle moves on the injector pump when you start to move the hoe,get a second person to watch it,If it does cut down you will have to find what is pushing the lever,someone else might be familiar with the setup as it sounds to me you have some sort of auto throttle.
AJ

Deewight Unit should run 2300 no load Backhoe stall 2050. Trans stall 2150

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: