late 70's Case 680C backhoe injector service and bleeding q's

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

late 70's Case 680C backhoe injector service and bleeding q's

Tim Pulled my injectors to have them cleaned-before I take them apart-wanted to make sure I can do this myself. Do I need them to be flow tested after I take out the spring, seat and pin? Or-can I adjust them myself? Looks like there is alot of carbon build-up at the tips.

Also-any tips on pre-bleeding as I re-install. I have had serious problems with getting all teh air out upon start-up. I bleed ai the pump, injector lines off the fuel pump, at teh injectors and return lines to make sure there is fuel after it sits for a while-and it always ends up being a 2 day struggle between recharging batteries and bleeding. I replaces all teh return line seals and the primer-and teh fuel delivery system appears to be tight now. When disconnected at the injector-it will squirt a small amount of fuel when cranking-re-connect and no start (most of the). Is there any standard method for bleeding as far as where, when and what order-and whether I should be priming it in between steps?

Thanks
~TIM~

AJ Unless you have a injector pressure setting gauge it is pointless you opening the injectors as you cannot reset them without the equipment,there will be no bleeding required if you are only removing/replacing the injectors,
AJ

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: