David Brown 990 emergency brake

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

David Brown 990 emergency brake

Terry My emergency brake on my 990 doesn't work and the reason is apparently that the spring and pawl are missing or destroyed. Does anyone have these parts or know where to order them from, Thanks. Terry
rc I have three of these tractors and none of the
emergency brakes work. I think dirt has frozen
these . I have not found these parts but I have a
lathe and plan on making the pawls if I need to
email me in a couple of mounths if you have not
found them.

Franmar
Emergency brake on my case 1140 doesn't work either. It may be the same thing. What is a pall?

Terry A pawl is the spring loaded steel dowel that holds your emergency brake in place. When you twist the e-brake handle it pushs the pawl back into a recess and the brake releases. Kinda like the e-brake on the old 40 and 50's cars.
I never got mine fixed by the way.
Terry

Terry Did you ever make any of those pawls for the e-brake on a 990? I never did get mine working.
Terry

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: