case 446 need help

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 446 need help

Nick I was recently given a case 446, I think it is a 76 model. It runs great but when I engage the mower it looses power and will hardly move. If you know the problem please let me know. Thanks. -Nick
joe have you checked the pto pump?
The Case Kid The problem could be that you piston could have a hole in it, or something like that. I have a 220 that does the same thing. When I took the engine apart there was a small wear hole in the piston. This would cause the engine to get bogged down and not run when you engaged the mower/clutch because there is not enough compression. Another cause could be that the rings could not be doing their job resulting in the same thing. Good luck on the fix!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: