580c brake problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580c brake problem

al looking at 77 ? ss#8958840 580c. has no brake on left side, partial brake on right. can someone email me a parts diagram or tell me how hard of a job is a brake job? are there inspection plates to remove to see whats going on? any trouble shooting guides to look at? do the brakes run in a wet/oil enviorment, or a dry/rusty enviorment? how hard is it to swap brake master cylninders? any suggestions or help, please, thanks Al
Marc Al,

Follow the link to a parts listing and there are a couple links for a parts illustration of the brakes. It is a dry brake system. There are kits available for the master cylinders.

You machine is a 1977.

Hope this helps,
Marc
http://www.equipmentpartssource.com/onlinestore/store_brakes_case.htm

Gary The book says to take the plastic cowling off that hold the dash in off. But I found on mine an easy way is to measure straight across from the bolts that hold the master cylinders on and drill a hole in the plastic. Simply put your socket threw this hole. When your done you can just plug the hole.
al Thanks guys, apreciate all the info.
al, again is this a job that can be done with hand tools, or are special tools, facilities needed?
Jeff What brake fluid goes in a 580c???

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: