580 B loader cylinders

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580 B loader cylinders

ryan
We have had trouble with the lift cylinders on 580B. One side the ram broke, we fixed it . Then later both rams bent. It happens when the loader is raised high. Is there an upgrade for the cylinders or a way to turn the pressure down so it won't lift as much?

Paul
Ryan: i you turn down the pressure it will still lift the same height.Usually the cylinders wont break or bend unless it is being overworked.On te newer 570lxt and 580-ls if you use chain on one side of the bucket and lift a cement vault it will snap the cylinder rod. remember to make equal lifts ......how were you using the unit when the rods bent? the only way I can think of to limit the rod travel is to put inside the cylinder a spacer above the piston so the rod wont come out as far but you shouldnt have to do that we only did it for clearnce reasons Paul...I have access to a great cylinder shop in L.A. they do work for our area and Austrailia ...........

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: