830 case-a-matic tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

830 case-a-matic tractor

Jim Casey I just bought an 830 tractor and I don't know if it has any problems that I need to know about. If you know of any please let me know. Is there any special quirks to know about on 830 case-a-matic.
Roger Jim, a few things to remember on Case O Matic, when shifting gears try to completely stop before shifting, ALWAYS idle the engine down before letting out the "clutch", when going down the road in High 4th, let up on the throttle a little before pulling up on the lever that puts it into direct drive, in colder weather, it may be harder to first get it into gear after you first start it up especially if there is heavier oil being used in the torque convertor, Use either TCH (If rumors are true that it is coming back on the shelves at the dealers), or Automatic Trans Fluid.
Marshall Coulter Jim,
I concur with Roger's response about stopping to shift and letting back a little on the throttle when pulling the lockup lever. As with most machinery, they truly work better when warmed up, and the Case-O-Matic is no exception. Keep a good eye on your fluid levels (about 18 gallons of ATF in that beast, and watch the transmission temp and converter pressure. I haven't been in one yet, but I hear there is an expensive plastic internal pump gear that will cause a lot of problems when it wears out, and it takes a case split to get to it.

Good luck,
Marshall Coulter

Bill I have been running 10w oil in my 830 case-o-matic unit as reccomended in my old old case repair manual. Is ATF a better fluid to use?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: