Case VAC oil pressure and fuel filter

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case VAC oil pressure and fuel filter

Dan I have a 1952 Case VAC that we have just restored. We got it all together and it fired right up. Looked at the oil pressure gauge and it is at about 10 psi on a 0-60 gauge. What is the correct oil pressure for a VAC?

We also have a new oil filter for this VAC and it has a wooden stick in the middle of it. What is this wooden stick for? Should it be left in the filter? The Filter is a NAPA brand.

Larry :To Dan;
I have a 48 Case Vac which I am on the board for information on a 6-12 charging system change. I don't know much about your oil pressure problem. My case needs a rebuild. But I have been using Napa filters for years. They tell me at the auto parts to take the stick out. I don't know why the stick is there. There is an upraised thimble at the base of the filter mount with a small hole in it. I'm not sure but I think that stick will block that little hole.

Larry

Keith : I have a 1952 Case VAC that we have just restored. We got it all together and it fired right up. Looked at the oil pressure gauge and it is at about 10 psi on a 0-60 gauge. What is the correct oil pressure for a VAC?

: We also have a new oil filter for this VAC and it has a wooden stick in the middle of it. What is this wooden stick for? Should it be left in the filter? The Filter is a NAPA brand.

joe : I have a 1952 Case VAC that we have just restored. We got it all together and it fired right up. Looked at the oil pressure gauge and it is at about 10 psi on a 0-60 gauge. What is the correct oil pressure for a VAC?

: We also have a new oil filter for this VAC and it has a wooden stick in the middle of it. What is this wooden stick for? Should it be left in the filter? The Filter is a NAPA brand.

the manual says the oil pump relief valve is set to 10 to 15 psi.

TB Take the stick out the oil filter base is should have a tube that you spear the filter with. This is what puts the oil into the filter than it drains back through the filter and into the crankcase through small hole in the base.

matt In the operaters manula(yep, i got it) it says the oil pressure should be 12 psi. Hope you got your oil filter figured out.

Jim : : I have a 1952 Case VAC that we have just restored. We got it all together and it fired right up. Looked at the oil pressure gauge and it is at about 10 psi on a 0-60 gauge. What is the correct oil pressure for a VAC?

: : We also have a new oil filter for this VAC and it has a wooden stick in the middle of it. What is this wooden stick for? Should it be left in the filter? The Filter is a NAPA brand.

:
: the manual says the oil pump relief valve is set to 10 to 15 psi.

: That is why the case VAC came with a 0-30psi oil pressure gauge.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Case Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

Name:
Email: