SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case backhoe arm cylinder slow operation

Michelle I just rebuilt two cylinders on my Case 530 backhoe, one outrigger (words perfectly) and the arm cylinder. The arm cylinder retracts perfectly, but extends sooo slowly. Did I do that? I would appreciate any help or suggestions I can get. Thanks! Michelle
AJ Fairly straight forward,is the tone of the engine changing when you push out the arm if it is it could be there is a restrictor in the adapter that screws into the valve for the return,its function was when the arm was pushed out from the fold up position that it would not fall under gravity hence the restrictor,trace the return pipe back to the valve chest,stop the engine,wobble the levers to let any pressure off and undo the return line,the restrictor is a heavy type washer,could be a bit of the old seal is blocking it,it could be it does not even have one,have a look at that and come back if there is no joy.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: