SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580k Loader Bucket Stuck

JS I am having problems leveling out the tilt in my 580k Series 3, 4 in 1 loader bucket. When I dump at full lift the tilt lever seems to lock in place and I can't push it to the left to level the bucket back out until it is about 2 feet off the ground, even then it is very hard to move the lever and tilt the bucket back up. The return to dig sensor is long gone and everything worked without it for years. This problem just started after sitting through the winter, the only other change is I recently replaced the brake master cylinders. Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.
AJ Check all of the anti-roll-back mechanism,if any part of it is frozen or bent the lever goes very stiff,the anti-roll-back is connected to the lever. you should fix the return to dig as it is a very useful feature.
AJ

JS Thanks, I will do so, I was looking that up in the manual it was just strange that it just started. I guess it could be some sort of rust or seizing. I would like to fix the return to dig but is like a $500.00 sensor last I checked. I will report back with my findings.
AJ The anti-roll-back moves the bucket dump valve to tilt the bucket forward as it raises,you say you cant move the lever till its down close to the ground,something has to be stopping it,so the linkage has to be checked and it turns out that something has got bent,I doubt if the trouble is in the valve itself,about the sensor which is a magnetic switch it is seldom they fail,there is a relay on the circuit that could have failed,I think its under the front flap in front of the windscreen on the left looking at the screen,there are two relays there,swap them over to test.
AJ

JS
Re: 580k Loader Bucket Stuck

I wanted to follow up, I found that the anti-roll back linkage attachment (part 6 and 11 in the file I uploaded) where worn out, the roll pin hole had an oblong hole and had been replaced with a screw. I had to remove the the entire anti-rollback rod assembly and where it attached to the ext, being the play in the parts render them unusable. These parts are no longer made nor can I find them used, do you know if there may be a source for them?

AJ The roll pin is 1/4" go to the next size up 5/16",run a 5/16" drill through the holes and then put a 5/16 roll pin in or a bolt,you can even weld the shaft to the crank if need be just make sure it's in the right place.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: