SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 580C Backhoe power shuttle

JAMES TODD Case 580C Backhoe power shuttle
I have a Case 580C, The machine has no wiring left in it, construction company had wires as a nightmare. but machine works good. I used it for months with no issues.Then I lost forward gear. Checked fluid and was very low. added oil and all was fine. Recently lost forward again. oil was low, filled it up,,,no good. I have reverse, but no forward. I pulled the shuttle pan, pick up & screen. Refilled it with new oil, it worked fine for 20 minutes, then no forward. I pulled pan again, pick up & screen, changed o ring, refill, test. It worked fine for 20 minutes, then no forward again. It seems like a pick up issue, losing prime, I have no idea. Anyone has issues like this, or any ideas would be a great help. Thank in advance...Jim

AJ When you got a normal reverse you know the reverse clutch pack,the charge pump and torque is ok,it is the one oil for both clutches,the most probable cause is the forward clutch has an issue when the oil heats up,there is very little you can do with the shuttle in situ except a pressure test,the common thing that causes the problem is a Belleville spring cracking in the forward clutch pack,when that happens there is not enough squeeze on the discs and drive is lost,the shuttle has to be removed to repair it.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: