SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

480E transmission slips only in 4th gear

CTF250 As posted in the title, my 480E doesn't go forward when in 4th gear. I can travel level ground in third, and first works well all the time.
I'm wondering if the shuttle shift clutches are beginning to go. I did a stall test and it maxs out at around 18-1900 rpms

When working in first gear you never have any problems

Any suggestions?

AJ If you got a good strong reverse it indicates that the charge pump,reverse clutch pack and the torque converter are ok,first off in case there could be an electrial issue disconnect the pigtail from the clutch cut out solenoid to eliminate it while you test it,the forward clutch usually wears out as it tends to do the most work,the shuttle has only one forward and one reverse clutch,it does not have a clutch for each speed,by the rule of thumb the working gear is first gear,if the machine will spin the wheels while loading the front bucket in first gear it is considered good enough,
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: