SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580 C SWING PRESSURE

Todd Haven I HAVE A LATE 70'S 580C AND WHEN I DIG AND SWING LEFT TOGETHER, I HAVE LITTLE TO NO SWING OR HYDRUALIC PRESSURE UNTIL I GO BACK TO ONE STICK OR PEDAL USE, WHEN I DIG AND SWING RIGHT TOGETHER, I HAVE GOOD PRESSURE AND CONTROL OF ALL LEVERS? WHAT IS THE ISSUE DIGGING AND SWINGING LEFT TOGETHER?
AJ Check the control linkage has not come adrift,if thats ok my next move would be to do a pressure check,curl the bucket up against the stop and note the engine tone,do the same with the other movements,if there is one not bogging the engine down as much have a look at the port valve for that function.
AJ

todd haven I am not sure how to check the control linkage other than all look to be centered and pull the motor down no matter which lever I call on.

Every lever I pull( on the backhoe end) causes the entire backhoe to swing right approx. 1" then stop every time I pull a lever?

I used the backhoe this weekend and had had greao break out power on the right side of the swing and little to none swing and digging left. Any thoughts

AJ By checking the control linkage I mean see that they are all intact and moving the valves in the valve bank,I am not sure by what you mean by dig and swing,do you mean it will not lift the hoe and swing at the same time,did it happen sudden,it could be anything from a blown o'ring,faulty valve etc,a pressure test is the way to go to determine where the pressure is been lost.
AJ

todd haven Thanks for your help! I will start to pull all components and test for pressure.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: