SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

case 480B steering problem

Mario I have a Case 480D 1973 tractor with a steering problem.The steering was clicing when I use to turn, so, I removed the steering valve under the steering wheel and and try to see something wrong but , nothing was wrong. I put it back and now the wheels don't want to turn anymore, I put transmission oil in it full. I have fallow what they said in the book but it doesn't work. What can I do now Thank.
AJ Have you replaced the filter inside the reservoir and check the relief valve is not held/stuck open,are you sure the valve [hand pump] you took apart is assembled correctly,if either of the cylinders has an internal leak the oil will just bypass the piston and not move the wheels,cycle the steering several times to rid it of air.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: