SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Case 1840

Craig charles I changed starter n solenoid,, changed fuse n fuse holder,, n still have started cocking when I try to start it. Gonna try relay,, anyone know how it gets wired?
AJ Is the battery good,check the battery and the battery cables,make sure the ground is good,any wires on the relay will have been on correctly so don't alter them,have you tried crossing the starter,i.e use a jumper wire from the main battery cable to the small terminal on the starter motor solenoid,word of caution make sure the machine is not in drive and secure the parking brake as you don't want it to start up and get run over.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: