SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

580B head stuck on block

Sam Moritzky Got all the bolts out of the top of the head and the ones loose from the water pump side but the thing still is stuck on there wondering if I need to just hit it harder or remove the rest of the front of the water jacketing and hamonic balance off the thing.
AJ There is a secret bolt holding the head to the water pump housing,you have to remove the pump from the housing to get the bolt,if you already have that bolt out it may be just stuck on the studs.
AJ

Sam Thanks AJ for the info much appreciated .Got the Head off finally with a modified gear puller. Just pulled all four pistons and liners. 3 of the 4 pistons rings all fell off. So AJ I'm trying to order my complete rebuild kit but unsure weather it is just a standard or one of the oversize kits. I don't have a manual and was wondering what the stock measurements for the main bearings and rod bearings is supposed to be. I don't want to order the wrong parts. Any help would be awesome.
AJ Normally the bearing shells will have either STD stamped on them if the shaft has not been ground,if it has the undersize will be on the shells i.e -010" or the like.
AJ

AJ Sent you an email with a link to a manual,the manual is at a host site and it will be deleted after seven days,if you want to download it do so before Monday.
AJ

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: