SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

480D construction king

Tommy Fain I put a shuttle rebuild kit on but when I reassembled tractor will move in reverse but not forward. What do I have out of place?
when I first started it the tractor would move forward but not reverse, now I have reverse but no forward. Can anyone help?

AJ Not much can be done with the shuttle in situ,is the fluid level correct,parking brake on,trans-axle in fourth gear,shuttle neutral,engine running on low idle check the fluid,if that checks disconnect the clutch cutout solenoid pigtail wires and see if you have drive,no,check the F/R lever where it connects to the control valve that its moving the control valve,if thats all ok the next is to check the pressure,why did you rebuild the shuttle,is the problem now the same.
AJ

Tommy Fain How do I check the pressure? We rebuilt the shuttle because the tractor was sluggish pulling forward. It just started doing this last fall. We put a new pump, converter, bearing and clutch disc. Reverse is fine but no forward. We taken it out 3 times thinking we had something in backwards.
AJ When you got a good reverse it indicates that the charge pump,torque and the reverse clutch pack is good,having no forward indicates that the forward clutch has an issue,the clutch depends on fluid pressure to squeeze the discs together to engage drive,if the pack is not assembled correctly or if the pressure is not enough or is leaking the clutch will not be squeezed tight enough to drive,have you a manual as it takes a lot of explaining and my typing is one finger,the only thing that I can think of off hand is the Belleville spring is turned the wrong way or the seals on the shaft are not sealing or or.
AJ

AJ P.S. forgot to say about the manual if you do not have one I will email you the pages on the shuttle.
AJ

Tommy Fain I would appreciate that very much. Send to
Tommy Fain e-mail to:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: